When applying please include a cover note, your resume and indicate the role that you are applying for in the subject line.
We are seeking a Content Specialist, with strong writing and communication skills to assist in developing, sharing and measuring results of content activities.
A talented and dependable writer to write about digital marketing technology (apps, digital menus, automation services, etc). This will be mostly B2B content. We are looking for someone with experience and solid writing skills. Content may include blogs, long-form pieces, interactive content, video scripts, email campaigns, web copy, landing pages, web and print deliverables, case studies, PowerPoint decks, product stats and more.
Ability to conduct moderate to high amount of research involved depending on topic and your current knowledge base. The end users/reader needs to get the sense that you're an authority on the topic.
The tone should be conversation but not stating the obvious--your audience will be pretty well-educated. Overall, the content won't be overly technical but you should be able to provide interesting perspectives/takes on the material.
- We are looking for a team player, willing to get her/his hands dirty in helping us achieve our ambitious goals.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, start-up like an organization is crucial.
- Fluent written and spoken English skills; writing, editing, and storytelling.
- Outstanding organizational abilities with an eye for and focus on detail.
- Maturity, polish, and professionalism.
- Adaptable and flexible; willing to embrace change.
- Can work under pressure and changing deadlines.
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Internet, Cloud-based software).
- Savvy with technology and social media. HubSpot CMS, BootStrap, WordPress and SEO knowledge would be a plus.
- The ideal candidate should be available to write at least 4 articles per week of around 1000 words. If you can do more, that would be great, but starting out it probably won't be more than that.
- Open to other topics and additional work on need basis.
- Write a test article that's good enough to publish after some editing!
- Provide links to your earlier work in your application.
- Understand customers business requirements and help them translate those into written form through brainstorming sessions resulting in blog posts, case studies and/or an e-books.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years, including some international exposure.
- A degree from a globally recognized university.
- Experience and interest in Journalism, English, public relations, marketing and/or communication.
- The flexibility to work extra/late/early/long hours during peak season – typically August through January
- The ability to listen and counsel.
- A smartphone with data connectivity and a laptop with an updated OSX.
- Full-time in-office commitment, not mandatory.
- The ability to work 8 hr on weekdays, are generally 2x/month most of the year except August to January, when weekly Saturday presence may be required.
MapleSage offers competitive remuneration, rapid learning and growth, and significant and varied responsibility to exceptionally driven and motivated candidates. We provide an intellectually-stimulating and empowering work environment, and place a high emphasis on being an equal opportunity employer.